This year resolve to stay alive by being rail safe
It’s that time of year again: a brand-new beginning where we all get to do things a little differently. This year, make rail safety part of your resolutions. This is one resolution that should be easy to keep (after all, the alternative is death or serious injury).
To get you started, we’ve done the work and written your rail safety resolutions out for you! All you have to do is incorporate them into your day-to-day activities.
Five rail safety resolutions
- Only cross the tracks at marked railway crossings.
- Teach children that the safety rules for a railway crossing are similar to those for crossing the street.
- Commit to knowing the five main signs and safety devices on railway property.
- Wherever winter or summer activities take you, never trespass on railway tracks and property.
- Always Look! Listen! Live!
Stick to your rail safety resolutions
If you’re ever unsure of what to do near the tracks, know that Operation Lifesaver is here to help. We want you to feel confident and comfortable knowing all there is to know about rail safety. Please visit our site often for a wealth of interactive, engaging and informative resources
all available with a simple click of a button.
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="488"]
Photo credit: kcparent.com[/caption]
We wish you a healthy, happy and rail safe 2015!