6 ways to stay alive around the tracks
When it comes to being rail safe, there are a number of behaviours you should follow every time you encounter railway property. Here are 6 of them:
- ALWAYS use designated level crossings to cross train tracks.
- ALWAYS obey the signs and signals near railway crossings – flashing lights and bells mean the train is coming so be safe and stay away.
- ALWAYS stop, look and listen before you cross just to make sure it is safe.
- ALWAYS stay away from the edge of the platform while waiting for the train at the station. Stay behind the platform safety line.
- ALWAYS stay away from trains and tracks and off railway property.
- ALWAYS say “NO” to trespassing on tracks or railway property.
These are just a few of the actions you should follow around the tracks. Can you think of any more? What else do you do when you’re around trains? Let us know on our Facebook page or send us a tweet. We’d love to hear from you!
Check back next week for our list of 7 things you should NEVER do around the tracks.
And remember – when it comes to train tracks – STAY OFF! STAY AWAY! STAY ALIVE!